What is osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a manual therapy, the only tools are the therapist’s brain and hands. Osteopaths take a close look at the overall mobility in the body (joints, fascia, muscles, bones and more) to understand what is wrong. Any restriction of mobility will cause pain, disorder or unwanted compensation. Osteopaths’ first rule is that life is movement.
Osteopaths work with a large panel of techniques, looking at patients in their globality and not solely their symptoms.
What can osteopathy help with?
Osteopathy can help treat any kind of pain or disorder. Treatments are appropriate for everyone at any age, from birth to old age.
The most commonly treated symptoms are:
– back pain (upper, mid and low)
– sciatica symptoms
– joint issues (knees, elbows, ankles…)
– surgery follow-up
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the ailments osteopathy can help with :
– any kind of pain (from the neck down)
– headaches, migraines,
– jaw pain (TMJ)
– digestive issues (diarrhea, constipation…)
– gynecological issues (menstrual pain…),
– post-surgical pain, scar adhesions, residual pain…
– post-traumatic pain (whiplash, car accident, post fracture…)
– sleeping issues, chronic fatigue, stress,
– Pre-natal care (low back pain, preparation for delivery…)
– Infant care (feeding, sleeping, digestive issues…)
– Toddler and children care during different stages (walking, solid introduction…)
– Athletes care (before or after a competition)
Book your appointment with Blandine Chambonnier and discover the benefits of Osteopathy
Massage Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Psychotherapy, Osteopathy, Lymphedema Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Acupuncture, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy