Trans and Gender Diverse Care
Physiotherapy care for people who are Trans and Gender Diverse focuses on the maintenance, restoration and improvement of health, well-being and quality of life
Michiko offers support for Gender-Affirmation Surgeries:
- Pre-operative visits to evaluate, treat and educate patients to achieve better outcomes
- Intra-operative suggestions for positioning
- Post-operative visits to evaluate, treat and education patients for better function
Michiko also provides physiotherapy care for binding, tucking and packing:
- Chest Binding is often considered a necessary daily activity for mental and emotional health benefits. There are some negative health outcomes including overheating, shortness of breath, rib fractures and/or back pain. Physiotherapy can improve breathing and relieve pain. Michiko can also provide education on alternative types of binding that can improve function but still affirm gender identity.
- Tucking provides a smooth appearance of the genital area, hiding external genitalia. If tucking is important to you, Michiko can support you through a selection of adhesives and provide care for any pelvic pain and dysfunction.
- Packing creates an appearance of a bulge in the genital area. A care plan can be developed to discuss different types of packers and maintain good skincare.
Massage Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Psychotherapy, Osteopathy, Lymphedema Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Pelvic Health Physiotherapy